Saturday, December 22, 2007

The Christmas Season is upon us


Well, I have to say this weekend has really kicked the Christmas season into full gear! My apartment has a few more strings of lights to add some cheer and colour.
To start today, we had our last Korean class. When we got there Katy, Shana and I were surprised to find that many other English classes were there too. It was like an official closing ceremony. There were graduating certificates and everything. Much to our dismay the organization somehow forgot about our class...so Ricky, our teacher was "so angry, really pissed off!" in his words. We were a little sad not to get an official graduation ceremony moment. Tear. At least we still got a free lunch!

In the afternoon I went shopping for a Christmas present for my co-teachers. I ended up just getting them movie passes! :)

Then Andrea, Shauna and Selena called to say they were having dinner close by so we went to join them at TGIF's. It was a good time had by all...the broccoli cheese soup there is amazing!

On friday, my co-teacher gave me a pound cake...so I decided that to help ease the pain of missing home I would buy some strawberries and vanilla ice cream! So, after dinner the girls all came over for some delicious dessert...I also remembered to offer some chocolate sprinkles (haggleslagh?? haha) which everyone was only too excited to accept! Thanks Oma and Opa! What a treat!


We were listening to some wonderful Celine Dion and Mariah Carey Christmas CD's too. Somehow we went from saying Selena looked like Mary when she wrapped a scarf around her head, to making my only christmas package from Heidi, into Jesus. Shana quickly claimed Joseph. Andrea became a sheep, Shauna a wise man and I, of course naturally took the part of the angel!! Katy was photographer at first, but we eventually had her take a role as another wiseman, in which she was stunning, unfortunately, I don't have this picture.
Needless to say - we had a lot of laughs over this little idea! A live nativity scene is just what we needed to help us feel like getting into the real spirit of Christmas!
We are such kids at heart! :)
Hope everyone is enjoying the start of the Christmas season. Sending my love!

Mary and Joseph with baby Jesus...



BEFORE



After, with the help of the Paint program!! :)

It's kind of like a game of "Spot the Differences!"

2 comments:

Shana said...

hahaha, love it...

Anonymous said...

Hi Karen. I love the pictures! The one that you drew on is great. How spontanious of you guys. It looks like it was a lot of fun. Here it is very mild, most of the snow from the storm last week is melted, and it rained here all day. :( Uncle Andrew and I sang in the choir this morning, and tomorrow evening we will be in an octette - U.A. sings tennor, and I sing alto. Rachel will be playing her trumpet also. We wish you a blessed Christmas and all God's richest blessings for the new year.
Love ya
Aunt Jennifer
p.s. - there should be a little something in the mail from us soon too!